JSHMDC follows the Double Blind Peer Review policy. Reviewers must treat the materials they receive as confidential documents. This means they can’t share them with anyone without prior authorization from the editor. Since peer review is confidential, you must not share information about the review with anyone without permission from the editors. Your review will help the editor to decide whether or not to publish the article.
Reviewers must ensure that:
• each manuscript is critically assessed for the originality, importance, and quality of research work.
• the study's title and objectives are in line with the conclusion.
• rationale of the study is mentioned.
• study design, duration & place where the study was conducted, inclusion & exclusion criteria, methodology, and statistical analysis are mentioned.
• presentation of the result is supported by tables and figures
• new findings have been discussed and compared with previous data.
• conclusion, strengths, limitations of the study and future recommendations are mentioned.
• source of funding is declared if any.
• acknowledgments are mentioned if any.
Reviewers should declare any conflict of interest to the editor and must complete the review within a specified period (usually four weeks). Reviewers should fill out the review form. Click here to download the Review Form even if they have inserted comments in the manuscript.
Three weeks is given to review a manuscript (a reminder is sent in case no response). The reviewer's comments are communicated to the author upon receipt. The author will be given two weeks to incorporate the reviewers’ comments in the revised manuscript. The revised version of the article is checked for incorporation of suggested changes. A period of 2-4 months is set to finalize the process, and if approved, a letter of acceptance is issued to the author.
Due to the blind peer review policy, details of the reviewers are not shared publicly. However, the details can be provided to national and international indexing agencies (e.g., HEC Pakistan, PMC, Scopus, DOAJ etc.) on demand.
Refer to peer-Review Policy available at: https://journal.smdc.edu.pk/index.php/journal/Peer_Review