PEER REVIEW POLICY
- JSHMDC is a peer reviewed journal. Double blind peer review system is followed. JSHMDC hosts a range of peer-reviewers with diverse expertise in various specialties.
- The initial screening of the paper will be done. The review process will only be initiated if the initial screening is satisfactory. The authors can suggest reviewers themselves. The reviewers must be mentioned with their affiliation and contact details in the cover letter. The reviewers are given 4 weeks to review the paper. If review not received after four weeks, a reminder is sent to the reviewer.
Reviewers must assure that:
- Each manuscript is critical assessed for the originality, importance and quality of research work.
- The title and objectives of the study are in line with the conclusion.
- Rationale of the study is mentioned.
- Presence of Study design, inclusion & exclusion criteria, methodology and statistical analysis.
- Presentation of result must be supported by tables and figures
- New findings must have been discussed and compared with previous data.
- Conclusion, Strengths, limitations of the study and future recommendations must be mentioned.
Reviewers should declare any conflict of interest to the editor and must complete the review within specified time period (usually four weeks). Reviewers should fill the review form sent with the manuscript.
Authors may suggest the reviewers for their manuscript. Each reviewer will be asked to evaluate not more than two manuscripts for each issue of this semi-annual journal.
Due to blind peer review policy, details of the reviewers are not shared publically. However, the details can be provided to national and international indexing agencies (e.g. HEC Pakistan, PMC, Scopus, DOAJ etc.) on demand.