Journal’s website is owned and operated by Shalamar Medical and Dental College, Lahore. JSHMDC is committed to ensuring trust and privacy with respect to the personal information collected from the authors and reviewers and follows ICMJE guidelines. The names and email addresses entered in this journal site will be used exclusively for the stated purposes of this journal and will not be made available for any other purpose or to any other party.
RESEARCH AND PUBLICATION ETHICS POLICY:
- All research work involving human subjects, human material, human data, or experimental animals submitted for publication must be approved by an appropriate Institutional Review Board (IRB).
- All articles are required to have IRB letter in accordance with ethical standards.
- All research involving human subjects, human material or human data must be in accordance with Declaration of Helsinki tps://www.who.int/bulletin/archives/79(4)373.pdf) and Council for International Organizations of Medical Sciences (CIOMS) guidelines (https://cioms.ch/). A statement detailing the name of the IRB and the reference number where appropriate, must appear in all manuscripts reporting such research.
- All experimental and interventional studies must be accompanied by approval letter from IRB.
- All RCTs must be in accordance with CONSORT guidelines.
- All clinical trials must be registered at clincaltrials.gov
- All Observational studies should be in accordance with STROBE guidelines.
- If a study has been granted exemption from ethics review, this should also be detailed in the manuscript and exemption letter signed by IRB Chair must be submitted with the manuscript. The Editor may contact the IRB for further information on special cases.
- The Editor reserves the right to reject a manuscript if the editor considers that the research has not been carried out within an appropriate ethical framework.
- Retrospective ethics approval from IRB, in cases when a study has not been granted IRB approval prior to commencing, is usually not obtainable and it may not be possible to consider the manuscript for peer review. The decision on whether to proceed to peer review in such cases is at the Editor's discretion.
- If tables, illustrations, or photographs, which have already been published, are included, a letter of permission for re-publication should be obtained from author(s) of that research article as well as the editor of the journal where it was previously published.
- Written consent to reproduce photographs, investigation reports (images of reports or other radiological images like X Ray, MRI scans etc.) of patients, should be sent with the manuscript.
- Authors must declare time and place of the study.
- COPE guidelines are followed by JSHMDC. Any scientific misconduct will be dealt with as per COPE guidelines. Misconduct is dealt by asking the corresponding author an explanation. If there is unsatisfactory response, the manuscript is rejected from publication and retracted if already published. Retraction notice will be in print and on the journal’s website as well. The authors will be blacklisted. The institutional head, HEC, PMC, and other editorial associations may also be informed of this misconduct.
- As the journal reserves the copyrights of the submitted articles, it is highly unethical to submit the same manuscript to multiple journals at the same time. If the author wishes to withdraw the manuscript during its processing, an official email needs to be sent to the editor for withdrawal. No manuscript is considered “withdrawn” without official email sent to the editor. A manuscript cannot be withdrawn after its acceptance by the journal.
- A declaration of conflict of interest must be signed by authors before publication.
- Other Resources for guidance: